Blogspot left room for a second Header, but they didn't leave enough room to type everything I wan

Friday, March 5, 2010

This Week’s Sign of the Apocalypse, and Other Useless Ramblings, Back Again

Guess who’s back.
Back again.
Jaybee’s back.
Tell a friend.

I guess following up a post bragging about my own adulthood and *not* lying to a hotel, by singing along to an Eminem song, kind of negates any semblance of adulthood? Bah, I’m cool with it.

Speaking of growing up:

*This Week’s Sign of the Apocalypse – I Take Medicine.*
First off, I’m not being funny here or alluding to illicit drug use. I mean, medicine, like from the doctor. I’ve never trusted doctors, medication, or the whole health industry as a whole. I think there’s a lot of waste and recklessness in the industry. And I think there’s a lot of fake medicinal needs created by the industry. And subsequent medical dependencies, and then inherently substance abuse. And I think doctors are obviously in on the take from the whole industry and just get prescription happy with some all too powerful drugs. Mrs. HokieJayBee sprained her ankle one time at volleyball. Standard stuff. She went to the doctor to get an air cast. He prescribed her 10 days of Vicodin. 10 days of a knock-your-ass-out-painkiller for a twisted ankle.

I’m the kind of guy that doesn’t even take Advil for headaches or hangovers. I just don’t trust it all.

/step off soapbox

Then I grew up? Quick back story. Like I said in a previous post, Mrs. HokieJayBee is a public school teacher and lil HokieJayBee goes to daycare. So I live all winter every winter, near-sick. Not sick-sick, just kinda-near-sick. Constant congestion.

Well this last week, all hell broke loose in my sinuses. Like, severe clog. Pain. Throbbing. I couldn’t breathe, I couldn’t sleep. The right side of my head/face were broken.

I…………….went…………….to………………….the……………………..doctor. Gasp. I don’t go to the doctor. And I sure as hell don’t take meds.

Until this sinus thing. I’ve been on Mucinex, “super” Sudafed, and Prednisone steroids. Yeah. I done grown up I guess.

Side note: “super” Sudafed. I had to sign for it at the drug store. Penalty of a $250,000 fine if I get caught making Meth with it. Yeah, that’s where we are as a nation. And you wonder why I don’t trust doctors and medicines?

*Wrong Song Choice.*
I don’t know what you all watch on TV. I pretty much only watch sports. I catch the occasional sitcom or drama show with the Mrs., but in general I pretty much only watch sports. So, my standard run of commercials that I see on repeat could be different than the run of commercials you’re used to.

But bear with me. There’s this Blackberry commercial that has a Beatles song on it. And the setting of the commercial is this young rock band getting turned down at the studio, then they’re practicing like in their garage, and suddenly something clicks and they’re all great and happy and get a gig at a club.

Ok, I get it. Band works, can’t catch on, works more, something clicks, they don’t suck anymore, get noticed, get a gig, get chicks. All is good.
First, what the hell does Blackberry have to do with the price of rice and cow shit? These kids are like the young near-emo band of poor kids struggling to make it. They don’t have Blackberries.

Secondly, what the eff with the song choice? This commercial is all sad and then it’s will-they-make-it-happy story. The Beatles song is all down, and like, “you can never do what can’t be done.” Or “you can never sing what can’t be sung.” Not exactly pep talky music. But hey, maybe that’s why I’m not in marketing at Blackberry.

*Foreign Cities are Funny.*
So my company has a project we’re working in Vietnam, good stuff. International work, good money. And an immediate regression from that whole thing with me maturing and adulthood.
Overheard from down the hall at the office. The city where we’re building our project. (phonetically) “Dumb Kwat”. Yeah, say it out loud. That’s funny. Shut up. Yes it is. It sounds so dirty. Funny stuff, even though the city name probably means “green forest” or something like that.

3 comments:

  1. This is the stuff you want: http://www.neilmed.com/usa/sinusrinse.php

    I have a similar problem with congestion and the Neilmed Sinus Rinse is awesomely disgustingly cathartic, and is right up your borderline TMI alley :)

    I think I'll even post a Borderline TMI entry about Neilmed on my own blog, using my PSA Tag of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. I actually bought the competitor that was right next to the Neilmed one at the store. Same, price, wasn't a financial decision.

    The Ocean brand one I bought came with three nozzles.

    [1] mist spray nozzle
    [2] more of an inline spray
    [3] oh-my-god firehose of death blaster

    I bought it for nozzle [3]. It's harsh, but really gets up in there successfully.

    As we tread the line of past-borderline-TMI......lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not getting any money from Neilmed (I'm just a satisfied user) so I'm happy to hear your Ocean sinus rinser is working for you. I'm also just wrapping up the Neilmed TMI post on my own Blog now :)

    ReplyDelete