Blogspot left room for a second Header, but they didn't leave enough room to type everything I wan

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Things That Bug Me, Dress Pants

So this week I turned from early 30’s to early 30’s + 1 more. I had a great birthday. On the weekend, Momma HokieJayBee made me my favorite meal of all time, her meatloaf. Then on my actual birthday night, Mrs. HokieJayBee went and bought steamed crab legs for dinner. Yes. Yes. And Yes. The women in my life are doing pretty well for their respective reputation meters.

Besides that, the Redskins actually won a game for a change, and beat a Bronco team they had no business beating. I thank them for a gift too.

And my Hokies stomped a mud-hole in the Maryland Terriblepins. Not a surprise so I can’t say it was a birthday gift but I’ll take it.

Awesome story Jay. Shut up brain. I’m just setting up a little background and such. Uh huh, dress pants? Ok.

So I got a new pair of dress pants for my birthday too. They were needed, for work and such. So I’m thankful for them. They’re pretty sweet. Ralph Lauren. Charcoal colored. They’re comfy. They look nice.

And, they BUG THE HELL OUT OF ME.

At least, if you’re headed to the bathroom and you, uhhhhhhhh, don’t have a lot of time.

Counting a belt (which you always wear with dress pants), there are five things to undo to be able to drain your lizard or drop your kids off at the pool.

Yes. 5.

Belt. Internal overlap button. Main metal slide. External overlap button. Zipper. 5. Things.

It is not a quick ordeal, if you’re trying to not rip stuff.

So I warn you, should you be the owner of a sweet new pair of dress pants, ensure you leave yourself plenty of undo-device-time when you need to head to the baffruum.

No comments:

Post a Comment