Blogspot left room for a second Header, but they didn't leave enough room to type everything I wan

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Welcome.

Well hai. Welcome to my blog. I guess I’ve avoided it long enough. I’ve been an avid blog reader for a long time, to the point of guest spotting on some people’s blogs occasionally. I have some good friends I know that write blogs. My blogroll that I read on a day-to-day basis is a pretty extensive list, if I have the time. And I’m interested in so many subjects it would be tough to list them here. So, I'm going to write one with no subject. Just a view into the inner-circle of my brain waves.

Anyways, that’s a nice long beginning to a really boring story you don’t want to read. So I’ll save us both the trouble and not write it. The point is that I’ve many times thought I should write my own blog. But I never did because I always found a reason….

*no one will read it* [Who cares if no one ever reads it, that’s not why I should write, right? I should write it to get thoughts down on (virtual) paper. It could be therapeutic to write, right?]

*you won’t get anything/any notoriety out of it* [Who cares. It’s not like Random House Publishing is scouring the internet reading blogs to find great writers and they’re going to find yours and suddenly write to you and say, “Hey, you write good. Write books for us.” Please tell me you caught that.]

*I don’t have a theme* [See, this one kept sticking me. What would I write about? I always felt like I have to have a theme. Like there’s blog rules or blog police. Or people who might stumble on it would only stumble on, and maybe stay, because of a certain theme. Well I don’t have a theme. And I’m going to write about anything I damn well please. And you’re going to like it. Or not. And that’s ok.]

*what will you call it?* [I’m currently living with the inner struggle to not make a joke about how this first entry is developing a theme, seemingly instantaneously after saying I don’t have a theme……but…..who cares what I call it? The name might change all the time. It might not have a good name. Again, who cares? It doesn’t have to be flashy or catchy. Because, see bullets one and two above, it’s not like I’m trying to attract readers or notoriety.]

*what if people don’t find you funny?* [Gasp, what if I’m not funny? Hrrrmph, maybe every entry won’t be of comedic value. There might be a serious entry occasionally.]

*what if you run out of stuff to talk about?* [ummm, then you stop writing on the blog. Although I highly doubt this will ever be the case. If you know me, you know I like to argue, I mean talk, about anything. I know I have a list of about 20 things to write my first posts about. Maybe I’ll post one every day. Maybe every other day. Maybe I’ll post a bunch in advance and let the site post them on schedule. Theme alert: who cares?]

Well, it seems I always have a [bracket-of-excuse-elimination] available for any reason to not write my own blog. So, here we sit. Nice to meet you. If you haven’t left yet, welcome to my blog. I’ll start off with a snazzy name for the blog. How about, “Everyday Normal Guy”. Too normal. I'm certain if you read this blog on the regular you'll see that the inner-workings of my pretty little head are not normal. In fact, whether in an attempt for comedy or not, I guarantee I'll be toeing the line of too much information. "Borderline TMI". Now I need a good subtitle. Rantings and Ravings, Trials and Tribulations…..doesn’t need to be fancy. Just some new guy meddling in the blogosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment